09-26-2009, 06:56 PM   #18
roozie2001
Just some guy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 White 335i sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advevo View Post
Turbo power is the easy way bmw and you know it.

I can buy a turbo car on every corner of the street just like i can buy a casio watch on every corner on the street. It s nothing special.

///M cars should be like mechanical watches a piece of engineering No bmw rather go the easy way. Shame on you bmw ///M. And you won t get one penny from me for this kind engine/car.

About every jap car has turbo.

///M has lost it. ///M Motorsport is gone ///M Marketing is the new ///M
i disagree. its just adapting. America is ///M's biggest market. And with all these new mandates/penalties/extra gas guzzler taxes the same ///M car that we could buy for lets say $65k will bump up to $72k. and you can say you gotta pay to play all you want but people wont pay to play. They'll start looking at cheaper alternatives. And the ///M car is not an exotic its a mass produced daily driver and quantity counts. Besides BMW looks like theyre doing well with the turbo cars, and its not their first rodeo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berduderunner View Post
I was hoping for the V8 TT! Can't wait to see some stats!

I'm thinking somewhere a little over 600 hp...

Oh i think when tuners get a hold of it with a Few minor Bolt ons and a tune this thing can come somewhere close to the 650 whp 700+ torque numbers. If my little straight six with its tiny turbos is doing close 400 whp/ 400 ft lbs. that V8 with much bigger turbos will do alot more.