ImpetuousRacer
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Tesla Model X P100D

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
BMS - Power for cheap!
I have the BMS. I think I paid $350 at the time on sale and Dinan had jack beans on the market at the time.

True Power!
The power isn't "maybe I feel a difference", it's noticeable! The one drawback was that it made the car almost slower with MDM on because the straight on torque punch would engage the MDM instantaneously and consistently. With DSC off, the power was great, strong and smooth - BUT, it took work to know how much pedal to use and what RPM's etc. Great for track use.

The new firmware with smoother torque delivery changes the characteristics. You can go back to having MDM on and punch the car and get that smooth power back without the MDM light blinking all over the place.

Customization
You can plug a USB into your laptop and change parameters in seconds yourself. Super easy! No trip needed to the dealer, no dropping your car off, no waiting. Add 95 or 100 octane, increase boost for a fun night at the track. You can do logging to make sure everything is safe yourself. Great for power users, easy enough for novices.

Support
Support has been terrific. Fast response. Very knowledgeable, easy to work with, etc.

Dinan
Sounds like Dinan gives better low end torque, more power, cleaner install/integration, warranty, great support, and made for the person who doesnt want to mess with anything. You pay 7 times more for Dinan to get the above.

Last edited by ImpetuousRacer; 12-09-2014 at 03:53 PM..
Appreciate 0