View Single Post
      06-09-2014, 05:44 AM   #44
shahano
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21' M2C 6spd ,11' 1M, 88' M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5essex View Post
I have been asking all the same questions when communicating with Eisenmann UK. the guy I have been speaking with is the owner of Eisenmann UK and CA Technologies. he knows his stuff for sure and is so helpful it is untrue. he has emailed me many times. the latest one saying:-

-------------------------
Yes, the non resonated centre section will be louder than the resonated one, so in this case you essentially have the choice of Sport or Race levels on both the rear mufflers and centre sections. Personally I find the combo of Race rear and race centre to be too much for a regularly used and / or family car, that combo would be more apt for a “weekend” or dyed in the wool petrol head use car

Yes the Race rear with Sport (resonated) centre section is my favourite, and an improvement over the factory CP exhaust.

Prices on the rear mufflers are the same for both Sport and Race, and the Eisenmann retains the factory valvetronic system .

This link is VERY close to the sound for Racerear + sport centre 

'So, just so I understand you. The centre pipes without the silencer (B5426.00000) are quite droney and boomy, but louder and more racey? The Silenced centre section will be more refined and better for passengers? I have young kids, and the wife would kill me if I turned the new M5 into a boy racers dream…!' NOT QUITE EISENMANN PAY A HUGE AMOUNT OF ATTENTION TO THEIR SOUND QUALITY, SO I HAVE YET TO ENCOUNTER ANY EISENMANN THAT IS TRULY BOOMY / DRONY; BUT AS YOU EXPRESSED A PREFERNCE FOR A QUIETER LEVEL OF SPORT EXHAUST I ADVISED THE QUITER VERSION OF CENTRE PIPE, WHICH STILL PROVIDES A NICE IMPROVEMENT IN SOUND QUALITY AND SOME VOLUME, WITHOUT HAVING YOUR WIFE FILE FOR DIVORCE LOL

IF CORRECTLY FITTED THE EISENMANN EXHAUST WILL MOST CERTAINLY NOT BRING UP ANY ENGINE LIGHTS OR FAULT CODES,THE ONLY TIME THIS MAY HAPPEN IS WHEN THE INSTALLER DOES NOT MAKE A GAS TIGHT SEAL ON INSTALLATION AND / OR THEY FORGET TO CONNECT THE OEM VALVE VACUUM PIPES, OR CONNECT INCORRECTLY .

-----------------------------

so he said his personal favourite is the Race muffler with resonated centre pipes. so sport pipes with Race muffler.

I think the e sport muffler with resonated pipe is just not going to be loud enough to warrant changing over stock CP. just adding the race mufflers will be a notable improvement and should not drone too badly, or at all.

after all this, I still think I'm heading down the full Akra evo route though....

Thank you for this fantastic response. I am now 100% convinced that I will go with the resonated center pipe and the race axleback.

Thank you very much for this. This just made my day.

Just to confrim, the video you posted includes the center with resonator and race rear?
Appreciate 0