Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 991.1 911 GTS, '16 F85 X5M

Garage List
2013 BMW ///M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawpurv99 View Post
There is a step-by-step guide on the BMW website that walks you through ED. BMW offers this on the cars produced in Germany (i.e., not South Carolina). I am not sure of the exact details of why they offer the discount (I guess I could look that up if you really would like to know), but the main justification is that you as an individual are bringing the car back to the US, not a German company importing to its US affiliate and then selling it. They have figured out the numbers to make it worth their while to offer you a discount and still bear the expenses of actually getting it to you without making less money than if they just sold it to you straight up in the US. I apologize if that isn't the 100% most accurate answer, but I am doing ED on my M5 and the bottom line is I still get the same car as if I bought it off the lot, except I will end up spending less by doing ED. Like you, I will be in Europe around that time anyways, so I really don't have that much added expense for swinging by Munich. PLus you get to spend a day at the Welt where you car was born-how awesome is that!
That actually makes more sense - thx And I agree, if you're already going there, why not plan it around the delivery of your car too.
Appreciate 0