View Single Post
      05-17-2012, 08:17 PM   #34
Kayani_1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92/E60

You are most welcome. The experience was amazing with great food and refreshments. It was fun competitive driving event with awesome experience on race track doing laps not to mention drag races, slalom, and braking events. I came back with a huge grin.

Also, got to meet Mr. John Heinricy who is the head of GM performance division and his thoughts and ideas. As he holds the ring record for CTS-V.

I came away thinking I wish BMW would hold more competitive events like that to keep customer base happy and maybe even steal some from others. Are you listening BMW bring the M6 or M5 near my town on race track

Seems like you have decided on a CTS-V sedan so congrats. I think you will enjoy the experience minus the gas bill. I hope you are going with 6-speed manual. The black is nice and so is the white. I have not seen the blue but I have always liked a nice blue. Either way you can't go wrong because it is a fantastic performance car for price.

I see a Red CTS-V coupe almost every day driving side by side with me to work for a part of my commute. It looks great and some female is driving it. I wonder some times if she even knows how powerful that beast is or what it is capable off on a race track. Then I say Nahhhh she might just have it as a status symbol...........what a bias male pig I am....

Either way congrats and good luck. I would be very interested to see what kind of lease numbers does your dealership give you. How much of a better deal is it vs M3 similarly priced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
Thanks for the thoughts and photos. That looks like it was a great experience.

Performance-wise, I agree that the M3/M5 would be more proper reference points but from the price perspective, I have gotten the CTS-V into fully loaded 335i price range.

Definitely agree regarding the fuel consumption.
nickname"BAD 3",MHD E85 tune,RennArt catback non-resonated exhaust,VRSF Downpipes, VRSF 7"FMIC,VRSF stock side inlets,SSQV BOV,ECS CP,M-performance alcantara steering,retrofit M3 paddle shifters,Alpina B3 tranny flash,AFE power seal CAI,LED angels,ST Coilovers,M3 upper/lower control arms,E93 M3 Front Swaybar ,235/35/19x9 ,275/30/19x9.5. M sport bumpers, CF diffuser. When in doubt..flat out.
Appreciate 0