View Single Post
      05-14-2014, 08:57 AM   #93
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainblade View Post
my advice or opinion(what i wrote in an earlier post) is that the car may be getting too expensive for its class..

Second, the next gen has to be smaller and lighter. third baseline pricing has to be in mid 80s. Finally--THE SUSPENSEFUL TWO YEAR ROLLOUT CANT HAPPEN AGAIN.
I agree with you to an extent. I think the Base Price of the M5 is set semi-appropriately, it should be a little lower and the Executive Package and Drivers Assistance Package should at least be standard. I wonder how many M5's are sold without the Executive Package? Probably very few. Nowadays we are seeing loaded M5's break $140K MSRP. Where as the last generation M5 got up to about $101-102K Fully Loaded MSRP. Granted there are a lot more options for this generation M5, Comp Pack and CCB's being the most expensive.

Yes the next M5 will be lighter, not so sure about smaller. I really don't think that BMW is going to make a follow on generation of car smaller than the last. Yes the two year rollout sucked, but it was only for the American Market. The rest of the world got 2012 M5's. The the U.S. is the biggest market, but it's not the only market they have to be concerned with. Additionally, when the 2013 M5's finally did come people still bought them here in America. In fact they seemed to have increased production 10 fold and within 6 months of the F10 M5 hitting U.S. shores, the M5 market in the U.S. was flooded with M5's that dealerships simply couldn't sell. At one point there we're over 600 2013 M5's for sale on dealership floors just in the U.S. alone. I'm hoping the two year rollout won't happen again, but if it does then I'll be fine with it since the F10 M5 will still be so good.

Appreciate 0