07-18-2012, 01:03 PM   #28
chillin4now
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 X5M, 458 Spider

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhsam View Post
Can't do the paperwork until the VIN is assigned. I tried to do it all on the 10th but finance was unable to do the paperwork without the VIN.

Your dealer should post date the paperwork to reflect a date roughly two weeks prior to ED. You will start paying for the car then and BMWFS covers your second payment but the MF increases by .0003 to spread the second payment, which BMWFS "covers", over the remaining 35 payments.
I am guessing my dealer will tell me that he cant lock anything until I have a VIN at which point he is going to want me to come in as quickly as possible to sign paperwork and start paying for the car.
My goal is to push this back until hours before he cancels my order as pushing the first payment back a month saves me a lot more than $750. Compunded by the fact that I have an existing lease with BMW expiring end of Sept.
Any guidance on how to finess this would be greatly appreciated. PM me if you would like to go off line.
I guess the downside to locking early is if better rates come out (doubtful) or say a $1000 rebate for existing customers comes along, you will miss out on those.
Appreciate 0