10-28-2011, 04:07 AM   #144
clar
Major
Singapore
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Especially the artificial engine simulated noise produced by a computer and the cars audio system!

Since the car has such good acoustic absorption there is not enough cabin noise. BMW psycho-acoustics folks are keenly aware of the importance of acoustics in the enjoyment and perception of a vehicles quality and even speed/performance. Thus with far too little good interior acoustic feedback they decided to pipe it in using the stereo.

I can't deny the very pragmatic German engineering approach but this is really pushing the limit toward absurdity in my opinion.

For those of you shaking your heads in disbelief, this is 100% true. No sarcasm or jokes here.

Look, don't call me a basher, hater, etc. I love BMW M and have owned many. I'd probably even have the M5 near the top of my list if I wanted to sheel out that kind of green. I simply have some legitimate gripes with some of their product direction.
Active sound is no simulation or faking. It's merely PIPING in the natural sound that's all.
Appreciate 0