Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 991.1 911 GTS, '16 F85 X5M

Garage List
2013 BMW ///M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawpurv99 View Post
I am getting an ED Invoice + deal and I talked to my dealer today because a few on this forum have already sent me personal emails asking for his info. My dealer said he can't offer that deal to someone today, but he would work with them to get a good deal, but they obviously will not be at the top of the list on deliveries.

I think you said it yourself on the main reason, but you say "if i were to walk into a dealer now and say Ill pay you invoice + $500 they'd laugh me out of the place" the key part is "now"! I talked to my dealer somewhere around 18 months ago. For dealers to lock in a buyer for a $100k+ car close to 2 years before they will actually be behind the wheel, they should be willing to work with you to lock in the deal (and deposit)! I do agree with you that if you talk to a dealer today, they have no reason to even talk to you because they should have enough demand to already cover all of their allocations for the rest of this year. This is why some of us placed deposits at multiple dealers to see who can really come through now.
Well my plan was for a 2014 model. But given they won't know what type of demand there will be in a year or how markets will be, how do they negotiate that? Did they provide ypu in writing your deal based on invoice? I'm speaking as someone without a regular bmw dealer I use.
Appreciate 0