View Single Post
      01-14-2013, 08:07 PM   #35
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

I've got some more information about other stuff from Performing Imports. I'm just putting putting out some info for the benefit of the community, since Performing Imports doesn't come on here.

- They also offer high flow cats for the downpipes and secondary cats. These cats are made for them by the manufacturer who makes them directly for BMW, they have BMW stamped on them, and look exactly like the factory cats. The high flow cats alone add another 30hp. They also have free flow mufflers, same deal, factory mufflers with modified internals. Look exactly like the factory, and use the same exact tips as stock. Worth about 10hp.
Cats are $4000.00 the set, Mufflers $3000.00 the set.

If you want confirmation yourself and or more info feel free to contact Ron.

Ronald Trochelmann
Performing Imports
11090 Old Roswell Road
Alpharetta, GA 30009
ron@performingimports.com
770-641-6202

He said that there is no hurry or anything for the SoCal group buy deal, but he did say that realistically he would only be able to tune up to 10 M5's as the installation process is actually very lengthy and he would need a week just to tune 10 cars.

As of now, I'm still undecided myself about the tune, especially taking into consideration what Stealth Pilot pointed out and what I pointed out about other aftermarket tuners, but what is swaying me towards getting the tune is the fact that it does have a BMW signature on it, so like Ron said, it won't raise any flags. Please do more research on your own and make an informed decision for yourself. Thanks everybody.

Appreciate 0