03-13-2014, 03:55 PM   #69
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapple View Post
Im really suprised by some of the comments people are posting here, much of which are about very vauge dyno graphs that have little to no real information on them regarding what actually is happening during the run, the conditions, logs from the car etc... let alone the cooling systems used during the dyno pulls.

Many of the 'facts' about how a DME actually works that people are posting also seem to have been pulled straight from the first link that came up on google when they went searching for information to help them put together a reply.

P.s Im an experienced ECU software tech with many years of experience and I spend 6 days a week developing software on a dyno, mainly for BMW and VAG cars.
Really surprised that someone with your knowledge doesn't elaborate a bit more on which facts you are referring to and explain us mere mortals on how the DME works then...

P.S I'm an automotive engineer working with modified vehicles and have taken several courses on engine management basics. I'm NOT an expert on engine management though.
Appreciate 0