United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 CP Dinan Stage 2

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnell_1 View Post
Aboslutely concur with this analysis. Even with the weight savings, I feel BMW will keep the HP inline with their cohorts.

As I think more about this, I agree. If you're BMW and you were used to having the class-leading car for years...and then the competition eventually became very intense...and you still need to worry about the marketing campaigns (horsepower for horsepower comparisons) why would you not target 700HP and 10% weight savings ignoring AWD (optional feature)? TT V10 plus hybrid or TT V8 plus hybrid could both probably get you there (700 HP) although the thought of a TT V10 has a certain cache marketing-wise for sure. The key could be what kind of fuel economy both set-ups could get to as M likely has to keep raising the bar in fuel economy too (let's be realistic). Hitting the 700 HP less 10% lbs target likely gets you back the undisputed title and greater profitability in the segment. Isn't that the logical final path on this? I think THAT car is a big seller (relatively speaking). I know I would buy it.
It's hard to put 700 hp on the pavement efficiently without awd. 0-60 times would be behind competitors.