View Single Post
      02-19-2013, 09:29 PM   #59
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarafin View Post
I have a question for those of you that may have heard both cars in action.

My last car was the current model V8 M3 with full Akra exhaust. I LOVED that exhaust

My current ride is the new M6, and honestly, I just can't get my head around the exhaust... compared to the M3 Akra it's just so ****.

So my question is... for those that have played around with different exhausts, what's the closest in sound to the M3 with Akrapovic?

Scar
Dude, you are in luck! I have heard the Akropovic system for the E92 M3 before. It's tame compared to the RPi GTM exhaust for the E92 M3 and definitely tame compared to the setup I have running on my F10 M5 now. If you want LOUD on your M6, then go with my setup. The second most aggressive to my setup is the Eisenmman Race, but you don't get any horsepower gain.

I too was having difficultly with the lack of sound from the F10 M5, even when I had the RPi GT system installed, it just wasn't doing it for me. For the last 5 months that I have owned the F10 M5, I have not been in love with the F10 M5. Yeah sure the power was great and everything, but there was no roar to back up the performance. With my RPi GT Muffler Deleted setup, holy moly, I'm getting the roar and more than I expected! It doesn't scream like the V10, but instead has a VERY exotic roar that is difficult to put into words. The best part that I have already said before is the cracks that my setup produces. The F10 M5 is now INSANELY fun to drive around both in town and on the highway. I've already figured out how to get the exhaust to crack almost every time when downshifting from 3rd to 2nd or from 2nd to 1st gear. There is literally nothing like it!

So to answer your question though, if you want a sound that will closely match the M3's Akropovic note, then go with the Eisenmann Race, you won't be disappointed.

Last edited by RPiM5; 02-19-2013 at 09:34 PM..
Appreciate 0