View Single Post
      03-11-2014, 11:35 AM   #105
Igor_M5
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many, BMW.

Garage List
Fall 2012 I participated in a local exotic run that was pretty much organized mayhem, dozens of exotics doing excessive speeds between towns in Long Island to reach check points. At the time I had my B8 S4, and my friend had the same exact car, color, mods, etc. We kept up with all the crazy bastards doing speeds in excess of 140-150 on the expressways. After several check points, we decided to break out and never finished the run because we had to get back.

On the way back, with all the adrenaline running through our veins... we were in NFS mode and started dipping through mild traffic going 120-140 in and out of lanes and HOV lanes. We probably did this for about 10 miles, by nearly 10 exits. We decided to chill out and coast the remaining 2 exits before we got off the expressway to cross over into Queens. Literally 1 exit before we were supposed to get off, a highway patrol flys up on our ass as I was driving side by side with my friend. He probably did a Eeny, meeny, miny, moe and lit my ass up. I had to shut the car of and put the keys on my roof, told me he clocked me doing 110 in a 60, anything over 100mph is a felony so I got locked up. Spent 24hrs in the slammer, cost me about $3700 in lawyer fees and fines, nearly charged with a felony, but got dropped to a fine after 1 year of going back and forth to court.

It was stupid, irresponsible and reckless. Never again...

Word of advice, if you do stupid shit on the highway, keep doing it until you're in the clear, you never know who or what you passed at the speed you were going... keep going until you pass a jurisdiction or simply get off and cool down the heat. lol

Ever since, I've been cautious of where I speed, and how I speed. I'll never speed in unknown territory. I know my local highway like the back of my hand and slow down in every possible location that could potentially have a patrol unit sitting.
Appreciate 0