Thread: M5 On Fire
View Single Post
      05-19-2014, 08:54 PM   #21
MoeDaher
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by greentrbo95gst View Post
Before anyone gets bashed on a public forum, let's take a step back and rationally try to figure out what company such as BMW should reply on a public forum.
There are lots of attorney involved and BMW's whole legal team to figure out the best way to handle the situation. They cannot post on a forum that it is their fault and they built a $hitty $100k plus car. However, they will take care of us as BMW loyal customers and I am pretty sure behind the scenes they will make it right for the owner of the burned car.
That quoted response is exactly what their legal team drafted for them to avoid litigation or negative publicity so let's not freak out here and take it one step at a time and see what the outcome is. On a good note, nobody got hurt and the car can be replaced.
As I mentioned my insurance paid for the car, so there was nothing behind the scenes that BMW NA did and I do not want anything from them. I reached out several times with emails and letters to try to know what the problem was but was totally ignored. The only response I had was their automatic bimmerfest reply.
The reason I am taking this to web posts is because I am worried this might happen to someone else, and to make it clear that if it does then it is not an isolated incident and they should report it to the NHTSA.
Appreciate 0