View Single Post
      09-10-2012, 10:21 PM   #11
s4awd
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11 GT3RS, 08 E92 M3, 06 Evo IX

The GTR is in a league of its own. On tight roads where the scenery is close to you, the GTR feels like it is going to get airborne. It is a violent mix of speed and thrust. I used to think the GTR was heavy but it feels like a Miata compared to the M5. The M5 pulls hard but you get a sense that a lot of that power is being used up on all that weight. But once its moving, the torque/thrust is immense and alot of fun. Big torque but heavy. Up top 60-100mph the m5 will probably be close to a GTR. I'm still breaking it in so until i can past 5k rpm, I can't describe the full effect just yet. The Evo unlike the M5 and the GTR only has one turbo so the turbo comes in like a crescendo. Right when you feel the thrust coming in, you have to shift. It's the classic turbo feel which I actually like. It has much less power but it is much lighter.

With the GTR and M5, you just find there isn't enough road to pound the pedal and push everyone to the back of their seats. The moment these cars get going, you're already breaking the law but I can tell you this... As a passenger in the M5, it feels insane
Appreciate 0