View Single Post
      05-17-2012, 09:42 PM   #37
Veritable
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '13 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnrockies View Post
Really? When I looked they had a $72K offer on the table with zero negotiations.

M3 was listed at $89K well equipped with limited movement available.
Was it a car on the lot or was it for factory orders? MSRP is $81k for a loaded 6MT Sedan with no sunroof so I can't imagine the local dealers knock $9k off on a factory order.... But, it might be an Alberta thing

Whereas my M3, M-Drive + Audiophile + M-DCT + High Gloss + Parking Sensor + 19in + no leather (yes, Speed Cloth) also had $81k MSRP and I got it for $73k, no negotiation... but it was also my 4th BMW from the same dealership in 7 years.

Then again, you guys (in Calgary) seems to have way more CTS-Vs than we do here in Vancouver. We have way, WAY more BMW Ms instead. You guys also keep the weirdest things in stock; there's a loaded Black Raven 6MT Sedan on the lot there, and also my Speed Cloth M3 was enroute to Calgary as well before being intercepted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnrockies View Post
We can't buy new down there. However, a very lightly used one would likely be a steal right now with our dollar being so strong at the moment.
I'm nice and close to Washington State and Oregon, but 6MT Vs are still rarer than flying pigs. Also there's that complete lack of km/h on the speedometer to contend with... dealers can re-program the speedo but the indicators don't change, so you end up with a 200km/h speedometer, which is obviously quite useless.

Imported C6 Corvettes have the same issue... my brother-in-law looked at importing C6 Z06s before settling on a local R35 GT-R.
Appreciate 0