03-18-2013, 07:12 AM   #18
matthewEW
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi TT RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_in_FL View Post
I disagree with the comment that it looks cheap. I actually think the body colored surround works very well and is in perfect harmony with the radiator grille just below. The radiator surround is obviously body colored and then the sunken mesh grille is black.
I quite disagree. In pictures the black grills especially the side grills look fine, however, upon seeing them in person, they looked too "plasticky" -- perhaps this is where people perceive the grills as looking "cheap". Initially I wanted those black grills but upon seeing them in person made me change my mind. I also asked my female friend who was with me what she thought about the grills, and sure, her first impression was she thought they were made of plastic. Not until I found out in this forum that the black grills are actually black paint over metal. Even though I now know that it is metal, first impressions is what counts and majority of people who first see the grills think they are plastic and I would not want that (having something cheap would make people think of me as being cheap, though not true).
Appreciate 0