Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 991.1 911 GTS, '16 F85 X5M

Garage List
2013 BMW ///M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by greentrbo95gst View Post
Before anyone gets bashed on a public forum, let's take a step back and rationally try to figure out what company such as BMW should reply on a public forum.
There are lots of attorney involved and BMW's whole legal team to figure out the best way to handle the situation. They cannot post on a forum that it is their fault and they built a $hitty $100k plus car. However, they will take care of us as BMW loyal customers and I am pretty sure behind the scenes they will make it right for the owner of the burned car.
That quoted response is exactly what their legal team drafted for them to avoid litigation or negative publicity so let's not freak out here and take it one step at a time and see what the outcome is. On a good note, nobody got hurt and the car can be replaced.
I dont think they should respond in a public forum at all actually. But the individual it happened to should have an answer. Obviously there are two sides to a story, but BMW's half assed meaningless response was a bit condescending to me. If the other side of this story is true however, it doesnt seem like BMW did anything other than give him the an easy choice and a very difficult choice. Again, I'd like to see how this concludes.