01-01-2013, 07:43 PM   #14
wisesoul
Savoir Faire
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsu74 View Post
You will have to get 200 cell cats plus mufflers to get decent sound past the turbos. Unfortunately, it will never have the presence of the NA V8s or V10s from before.
The downpipes on this thing have huge cats, I'm sure a lot of sound/power to get from there. I'm fine stock for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarThaL View Post
Thanks for the info. One question.....

After coming from the RS4, do you feel like the M5 has enough grip to handle all its power or not? I am concerned that with DSC on, it will be kicking in ALL the time and bogging me down, while with it off, the car will be all over the place.
Glad you asked. Traction in the RS4 was never an issue. M5 has lots of grip in corners, but traction off the line could use some work. The PSS are really good tires, but DSC still manages to flash unexpectedly. Not much of an annoyance, knew it came with the territory. I only give it liberal amounts of throttle from a roll, otherwise I am pretty gentle. I'll try MDM when the weather warms up a little. I wonder if the stock rear wheels can accommodate 305s...
Appreciate 0