06-20-2011, 04:37 PM   #21
cuban335i
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCSU View Post
I really don't understand why so many people seem to think that each new generation of M5 needs 90+ more horsepower than the predecessor. Will they expect 700bhp for the 6th generation model? Eventually, all that horsepower will cause a car to be un-streetable without some stability and/or traction control aides intervening. Is it just about bragging rights, or do most buyers have the talent to wield all that power on the track?
+1 I think 560hp is plenty for a DD. And I am SURE there will be a million remaps out for the ECU and people will be pushing 700hp on stock turbos. I think the horsepower argument needs to just stop at this point.

You guys have to realize that the new M5 is going to be the HIGHEST HORSEPOWER SEDAN in the WORLD when it comes out (except for the bentley continental flying spur speed, but that's almost triple the price and almost 1500 pounds heavier)... I don't understand why anyone would complain about that.

I do wish the new M5 would be a screamer like the e60, but the world is changing guys and nothing is going to be a high rev monster anymore save for some exotics.
'12 e92 M3 Melbourne Red/Bamboo - ADV.1 ADV10, Volk TE37SL, OSS, Innotech F1, Arkym, iND
'09 e92 335i Alpine White/Saddle Brown - fully modded
Appreciate 0