View Single Post
      03-20-2013, 12:56 PM   #48
M54ccibo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 GT4

RKP lip installed

Quick summary/review of the lip. Mine arrived yesterday from IND. Of course, it was packed unbelievably well, with the IND signature microfiber towels followed by bubble wrap. The lip construction is flawless; the weave is perfect and there was no shipping damage! IND FTW!

After taking a hard look at the lip (and the M-performance spoiler) I decided to take on the installation myself - I am glad I did, was far easier than anticipated.

The fitment of the RKP lip is just about as perfect as it can get. A test fit revealed that I did not need to do any trimming, side-to-side or off the rear edge (where it fits under the bumper). Slid it in, pushed in place, checked the gaps (very little if any) and that the screw holes lined up. Perfect. Took it off, wiped the bumper down to degrease, and stuck the lip in place. Took a grand total of 20 minutes. Couldn't be happier. It is one fine piece of kit.

For those with the M-performance spoiler, the 2x2 weave is almost a perfect match. Looks like the weave is a tiny bit larger than the spoiler but it is very close. Also, the area that sticks out in front of the car does change your approach and departure angles...I'd say you need to be aware of your car being roughly .5" to 1" lower...and that is on an H&R drop. Not a scientific measurement, just a gut feeling
Attached Images

'10 E60 M5, Space Gray/Black
Appreciate 0