stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SriRamJaiRam View Post
Thanks so much... Really appreciate your input... On a side note...

What are your thoughts about running down pipes w/ the OEM exhaust? Or perhaps also doing a muffler delete w/ the axle back system that Turner sells?

And how do you feel about Carbon brakes for a M5 that's only driven on the street? My guess is that one could not even tell the difference since carbon brakes need lots of heat to work well.
Regarding the down pipes, hard to say because I haven't seen a car with them. A couple of the guys in our local chapter have them now so I can answer in 2 weeks time. My main hesitations would be (I) warranty, (II) noisy rattle sound from Wastegate, and (iii) cel error.

Muffler delete is probably a good idea. Car is too quiet as is. Best to do muffler delete plus straight pipes.

On the carbon brakes - I like them. The discs are an inch bigger. I haven't measured if that means more braking power but it might be. Need to check the numbers. They are also quieter and cleaner. Squealing is an issue with the standard brakes - some threads on this here. That said, we don't have issues wth brake fade on the streets, so value is not as big as it would be for a track user. In Texas on the f1 track CCB were clearly better, but I don't know if the steel brakes were brand new like the CCBs. Rotor condition and pads come into consideration too. FYI I didn't buy CCB.

Last edited by stealth.pilot; 08-20-2013 at 12:35 AM..
Appreciate 0