02-08-2013, 10:07 AM   #33
Used2be
Perennial PFC
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 DG/Aragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly M5 View Post
I'm just here to pass along what I think is good info to fellow members!

If you have doubts i suggest you do your own dyno. I'm no here to sell you anything...just sharing my own info
I appreciate your efforts to inform and reporting the multiple dyno runs you've done, thank you. There are many production scenarios we could presume with the various configurations of airbox BMW has delivered to the USA over the last number of months. I've called my dealer here in Michigan and he was able to find the blocking plates (called locking plugs in BMW parts lingo) RT part # 13-71-4-799-886 $140.99 and LT part # 13-71-4-799-887 $140.99 stocked in two USA warehouses and one in Canada for $84.68 each. In his search for the latest airbox configuration he found that the box with the internal 'snorkel' is what is currently specified in his parts fiche. If your dealer sourced his parts from Germany perhaps that is the disparity in cost.

To me it seems that there would be very little difference in HP produced with any of the three airbox designs. More a difference in sound I'd think. The carbon filter though, might reduce airflow enough to add slightly to HP when removed. My car does seem to rev faster without it.

For Tourbillon, there is another intake opening in the front of the airbox.
Appreciate 0