View Single Post
      03-01-2013, 09:31 PM   #8
TheGr8Swami
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 550i M-Sport w/XDrive

I've been through a very similar experience with my F10 550i. Not all BMW Service Centers are the same. Some do excellent work, while others are mediocre to terrible! Dean, you did the right thing by contacting BMW Customer Care! They will work with your dealership to diagnose and repair the issue. Give them a chance!! If the time duration becomes unacceptable, they will provide some form of compensation from making payments, extending warranty, and yes even a Buyback!

Research your local dealerships and see who has the highest ranked service department. Also make sure your service advisor knows you have an open case with Customer Care. My 2011 550i xDrive was in the shop for over 14 weeks awaiting parts, etc. and after 6 dealer visits BMW did the right thing! I stand behind a company that stands behind their product!

Now regarding the loaner car issue. The policy varies from dealership to dealership. I purchased my car in New Jersey but reside in the DC Metro Area, and trust me there's peaks and valleys! Some dealerships only provide loaners for scheduled factory maintenance while others give you a loaner for any service. During my dilemma the COE dealership who was able to finally diagnose and address the issue had me in various vehicles from a 328xi, 335d, and a X5 5.0. I have a great relationship with my service advisor Mel who had made my BMW ownership experience a great one!

If BMW ever puts xDrive on an M5, it will be my new ride, no jive! :-)