View Single Post
      07-06-2019, 01:40 PM   #2
dmppdx
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

I may not be the best person to answer this, but I did purchase a car through a Manheim auction about 10 years ago, so I will provide my thoughts on your questions, but my information might be out of date.

1. Correct

2. Correct

3. I don't believe there is much an outside party to do to inspect a vehicle. Manheim did have their own inspection staff that will note issues with the car such as scratches, tire condition, if it will start, check engine lights, etc. They won't do detailed inspections such what you would normally want when buying an expensive car. So they won't check for codes, or measure brakes, etc. I don't believe you can negotiate prices. They are sold at auction, so they are sold at what ever the highest bidder is willing to bid. You wouldn't be paying the auction company, you would be paying the dealer that is purchasing it on your behalf. I believe the dealer has a day or two to pay the auction company, so when they want you to pay them is based on your agreement with them.

4. I'm not sure if you can get it CPO'ed at that point. Maybe if you have a good relationship with a BMW dealership and the car is under the original BMW warranty, but I'm not sure. My assumption would be if you didn't buy a car through the BMW dealer, they would tell you to suck it.
Appreciate 0