View Single Post
      06-22-2012, 07:12 AM   #27
AGS
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmill View Post
Four seems to be a bit of a issue. The purchase, lease or order between June 20 and July 31. I don't see how any of us are going to make the July deadline for the purchase or lease, none of us will have a car by then. So just when did I order my car? I sure had my information into the BMW system before yesterday. Heck I might have order this car a year ago when I put $500. Down on a waiting list! So who is going decide, BMW at the time of my first payment..... That seems like a losing proposition.
Bmill - I am assuming that my CA is going to do what is necessary to get the discount applied to my order. The working in the fine print of the promotion is very vague, so there seems to be some wiggle room intentionally left there by BMW. Their lawyers could have added a few more sentences to make it iron clad, but they chose not to. I would hope they would realize that refusing to give a bunch of loayl BMW M buyers the shaft on this offer, which has very insignificant financial impact given how short the promotion window is, would be marketing suicide and completely counteract what they are trying to achieve.

However, many companies have done really dumb things before!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhsam View Post
So my understanding is that buyers who are doing ED will have to sign all the paperwork about 30 days before the scheduled pickup of the vehicle. For a lot of us it seems to be around 9/1 or 9/3. There was a previous thread which was started around lease inception on ED vehicles. In speaking with my CA last Friday he told me that once the programs are released for the vehicle they will ask me to come back in and do all the final paperwork and put any remaining monies down, including first payment. I am going to maximize the amount of MSD's. Therefore at this time would be the point of lease inception, i would think? So if the buyer can get that completed by July 31, they should be able to take advantage of the offer.

Part two of the verbiage includes the word "order". I would, once again assume, that we should qualify as well based on the order timelines.

I am no expert just trying to make sense of this as well. I dont know how this will work for those who are not doing ED since the vehicles are not supposed to arrive in the US until late August.
cmhsam - according to my CA, we won't actually execute the lease documents (such that the lease period begins) until two weeks ahead of the delivery date. I for one will not sign any earlier then that, and have asked my dealer how much longer we can wait. The earlier the lease starts, the more time I'm paying for without the car.
Previous: 2019 Donnington Grey M5 Competition, 2016 Silverstone M5 CP, 2013 Monte Carlo Blue M5 CP (ED on 9/1/12), 2009 Carbon Black M5, 2006 Silverstone M5, 2003 Sterling Grey M5, 2000 Anthracite 540i6, 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9Ltd, 1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD, 1978 Mazda RX-7
Appreciate 0