Austria
Rep
Drives: 2012 F10 M5

My M5 F10 Alpine White delivered!

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
----Spoiler pic added(page 3)----

Hi all,

After 2 months of waiting, my car finally arrived 2-3 weeks ago; I have been having a BLAST driving it, that's probably the main reason why I hadn't posted a review yet. It was SO worth the wait, it’s a truly unique piece of machinery.

As you can see in the pictures, the rear spoiler is not present because of a factory mistake; it will arrive this week and should be installed by next week.

The car is truly amazing, from the bulkiness of the body, to the comfort of the interior, to the many M driving features it has, its unbelievable.

First off, the engine is a BEAST, I floored it on a stop light to only 4,500 RPM and the car just took off without any hesitation, it ate the concrete! The sound of the V8 is truly beautiful; the sound the car makes when taken above 3,500 revs is just soothing to the ears. The shift paddles for me, are the perfect size, not too big nor too small, just perfect.

The feel of the M steering wheel is very "sporty", you can FEEL the car whenever you turn, the M1 and M2 buttons can be configured whichever way you want, and for me, as soon as I get on the highway, M1 is the first thing I press in order to change the driving mode to Sport/Sport Plus (WITH DSC ON, I'm not that daring yet)

My old BMW is a 2008 520i, comparing the E60 which feels like you are driving a hatchback since its so light to the M5 is completely different, the M5 FEELS like a real car, its just the best driving experience I’ve had ever. The body itself is very wide, and it takes a little time to get used to the dimensions, but after driving it for a couple of days, you wont even notice it.

The 20" rims are beautiful, I completely recommend getting the 20" rims over the multi-spoke 19", and it just adds the final touch of beauty to an already beautiful car.

The seats are as comfy as can get, you don’t ever want to leave the car, and once you get out of the car, you want to get back in immediately.

The HUD is so useful; I finally can just keep my eyes on the road ahead of me instead of leering at the navigation in the center console (E60), which is a distraction.

The transmission itself has 3 driving modes in D and in S, my normal driving setting for the city is D2 since in D1 you have to press the gas more to get the car rolling, to each its own.

The back seat is very ample; my 2 dogs love it! It has a lot of legroom and the seats are very comfortable as well.

All in all, this is the best purchase I have ever made, I am as happy as one can be with this beautiful piece of machinery and the German engineering is truly a thing to admire.

First review I have ever done on a car, and this is my first of many M cars! So if I’m missing something, don’t hesitate to ask me. Hope you like the review!

Will try to take better pics of the interior when its not so sunny outside!
Attached Images

Last edited by Tupapison; 04-19-2012 at 09:59 AM..
Appreciate 0