View Single Post
      03-24-2013, 03:09 PM   #55
nybimmerfan
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6-Spd Manual MCB M5

I think I found the problem, it is not with the WiFi key. On the screen/page where it shows the option to check WiFi which is above the WiFi key is another entry about "Connect ...". This has to be chosen which then leads you to another screen/page that tells you to enter the WPS Pin or WPA key. Once you do this and have the laptop connect to the car's WiFi AP (of course after inputting the WPA code), I got a successful connect. Now the car's screen, shows the name of the server (laptop) and to its right are a video and music icons (filmstrip and music note). I guess we have to do the "test and learn" method as we are in newly explored territory and no available manuals yet. Now the next thing I did was to try to connect from a client device (using my tablet) that is running a DLNA client software. I have a DLNA server running on the laptop serving some media files. My tablet with the DLNA client can't seem to find the DLNA server that is connected via the laptop's wifi connection (tethered) to the car's wifi hotspot -- this is another obstacle, he he.