Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2CS+GTS Targa+RRS SVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesgud2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer6 View Post
Well done, and yes they are the perfect combo! I've had my 991S for a year, and my 2015 GT3 will be here in November. Love the NA motor revving to 9000 RPM. Can't wait, and congrats on the move!
Thanks.. I really wanted a true manual tranny. My Porsche salesman told me that Porsche only makes the manual in roughly 20% of the 911's.
The PDK is phenomenal. I guess it depends on which 911, but I don't miss a stick at all. The pdk shifts it for you as you would up and down. I thought jumping into the m5 with the most recent DCT (until the new m4) was awesome...the porsche pdk is definitely noticeably better.

I just need a more balanced DD for the winter, I was stuck at home several days during moderate snow events in January and February and I hated it. I know winter tires could cure some of it, but during wet or cold weather the traction control comes on way too often. So I wanted a little more ground clearance, AWD, but the feel of rwd, and a DCT. The macan is the only car that fits that bill.

Jeff
Appreciate 0