Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 SSII

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGS View Post
Rob - Here's a quote from Supersprint's website:

"The factory one-piece muffler system has a complex design, which includes a built in flapper valve on one side of the system that has the sole purpose to alter the sound note at certain pre-set rpm levels. This design reduces performance at low RPM. Supersprint rear mufflers alone increase the torque and max hp by a significant amount, especially at low rpm. The results are a mature aggressive sound free of droning, even at low rpm and high loads. "

I would appreciate your thoughts on this statement. Do you feel better low end performance? Any drone? Thanks!
Yeah, I saw the same before purchase but figured it was kind of marketing hype. I haven't seen any catback exhausts with real performance gains. I will say it doesn't feel any slower in the low end, but I can't feel much of a difference. Haven't dynod it yet. Will be installing the full exhaust when it's ready.

There is absolutely zero drone. A nice coast down growl at about 2k RPM...just exaggerates the car's natural tone at that speed.