View Single Post
      07-28-2018, 08:16 PM   #13
markauer
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5C Carbon Black/Black

I had the same issue on my 2016 M5 Comp. Bought it off lot new in CA in May of 2016 with no issues, other than being really loud (just the way I like it). Started to get the rattle a year later. I contacted Akrapovic direct. It is a known issue with the exhaust valve damper linkage. I could easily isolate the noise (wearing a glove) while the car was running. I really only heard the noise when I was down shifting but I always drive in manual mode so I heard it all the time. Took it to Classic Plano twice. They tried to tweak and adjust the linkage to no avail. On the third visit they replaced the entire exhaust system. I made an appointment and it only took a half day. Worked great for another 6 months and now I'm starting to hear the sound again but not as bad as the first exhaust. The car is a lease and it's up in May of next year so I'm not going to jack with it again. I am planning on getting the F90 comp and I'm seriously considering deleting the M Sport exhaust (if that's an option).
Appreciate 0