View Single Post
      03-18-2013, 08:56 AM   #14
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: McLaren 675LT / C7 Z07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimefam View Post
I dont really understand what the big deal is, the only thing that perhaps have "no road application" are the drag wheels and seats and that's something that's easily swapped in a few hours. Many of these and much more expensive cars are taken to the drag strip and besides a few pretentious and narrow minded people no one has an issue with it. Plenty of people would say it was pointless for you to tune a car that makes 560hp and is already traction limited. And I always get a kick out of how some bmw owners think they are driving some collectable high end car when its a mass produced middle class car. 100K wont build you much of a drag car btw, hell I have more than that in my drag 1989 Nissan.
You have more than that in a 1989 Nissan...yeeshh!

And a little bit over the line to slip in a comment implying those of us who think it is a waste of a nice car to take it to a drag strip are "pretentious". I said it was SILLY. It is a luxury car you dismantle to drag it? Yup...silly. Start with something a little less "nice"...say perhaps an '89 Nissan.
Appreciate 0