05-08-2013, 02:01 PM   #6
M54ccibo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chong0 View Post
Yes i ran MDM throughout the day. I know there were a few other members worried about running in MDM mode but what I can vouch for is that it is very intuitive. The light would cut on only intermittently- there is a bumpy section coming out of the boot and the MDM prevents the car from being too unstable on these bumps and allows full acceleration and threshold braking. Full traction on would be way too inhibiting and probably would be running as slow as the 550x (small poke intended!). With all the barriers at the Glen I really did not want to run full off and did not want to pay for any damages to the Glen or to my car.

That being said, MDM can get you sideways. I was sideways with oversteer going out of turn 12 onto the front straight but able to recover. It really is a mode that allows you to play but saves you when you are a total moron.

@AGS: Lime Rock will be fun, but the guys made fun of it calling it an autocross track. You may not see the separation i saw at the Glen because it's a lot smaller, but you will have a blast nonetheless.
Thanks! Yes, MDM is fantastic. I agree with your statements having run the car on the track at 2-day M school
'10 E60 M5, Space Gray/Black
Appreciate 0