View Single Post
      03-02-2013, 04:59 PM   #56
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: McLaren 675LT / C7 Z07

Quote:
Originally Posted by crl8474 View Post
This is interesting to me. I have a 535 and recently bought a set of M5 M343 wheels from a fellow member - not because I'm trying to make people think that my car is an M5 but because I simply like the way the wheels look. I hated the factory m-sport wheels and looked at just about every aftermarket option but couldn't find anything that I liked better. Does that make me a wanna be? I don't think so and candidly don't care. I love the way the car looks and the new/used wheels are forged and should hold up much better on the pothole-filled streets I drive on everyday (I bent two 351s in a month). I'm planning on a mild drop via ACS springs because the wheel gap is ridiculous but that's about it.

By the way, I have a 535 because I drive 25k miles a year and could never justify the maintenance and fuel cost of the M5. I can certainly afford it (paid cash for the 535) but it just doesn't make sense given the circumstances.
I don't think that is necessarily the tone of this conversation. There are people who put M badges, M bumpers, etc. on the cars.

Frankly, I agree with you wholeheartedly and it also wouldn't bother me if someone put every M piece they could find on their car and painted it an M color. Why in the world should that have ANY impact on ANYONE except the car owner. Really, we are going to get all bent out of shape because of something that somebody does that has nothing to do with us? How silly. Humility is a very good quality in a person. If we listen to that stupid little voice in our heads saying "that person is an idiot" or "he doesn't deserve to have his car look like this because he didn't spend $100K" then we should think about who really has the issues.

Things only have the meaning that we attach to them.

Smiles everyone smiles!

But dang I hate those "Coexist" bumper stickers!-hahahahahaha!

Last edited by ColdList; 03-03-2013 at 05:54 PM..
Appreciate 0