View Single Post
      03-03-2013, 06:43 PM   #62
Falcao
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E60 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by YUN View Post
Same could be said about M drivers, I could never understand when people mod their new cars. Putting those 20-21 inch rims and lowering perfectly ballanced suspension. At the end of it all it's still a sedan or coupe and wont look anything like moded 458 or even Z06 now those with proper set up and mods look so aggressive.

I disagree to a point. M engineers designed suspension and chassis most time for compromise between comfort and luxury. Reasonable suspension drop with stiffer springs and anti sway bars significantly reduces body roll and better tire compound improves handling albeit with almost same comfort levels as stock done correctly.

Drive E60 with eibach, anti-sways and come back to tell me it is not night and day difference between stock. Sure some love the love look and feel of stock but for some of us that want that extra performance, i see nothing wrong so long as it is not slammed look and overboard. Of course E60 will not approach cornering Gs or even put in same track time as 458 or Z06 but then again, those cars cannot carry 5 passengers and log a family around on long trips either. To me, M has always been a car that performs several tasks and does it well not to perfection but does it well. That is enough for most of us.
Appreciate 0