05-04-2013, 03:01 PM   #66
BMWdrmz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter5179 View Post
I'm like 21K in mods on my M6 and I haven't done any suspension or tune lol. I must be crazy. I did the same to my 550 and it looked amazing.. so do all these mod companies have it all wrong by selling and providing parts for our cars? What about m-fest, sema and the local meet? Do we all go to these events to see stock cars??
Not at all, it's nice to see someone creative take on their car. As far as how much money you spend, we'll that a personal choice. My only point was if you don't have a M, why spend more than it would cost to buy a M modifying a non-M to be a M knock off. As an example, I met a guy that had a E60 528. He wanted an E60 M5. Instead of just selling the 528 and taking that money and buying the M and doing some tasteful mods to that, he spent almost north of 30K building his 528 into a M5 clone with the badges to boot. It really looked the part except it didn't have the M5 power train ( no V10 and no SMG). So at the end of this adventure he had a nice looking M5 look alike that was worth no more than the 528 he started with. I'm all for modding, I've yet to keep a car stock that I've owned
For the record, I think your cars looked great.
Appreciate 0