10-10-2012, 05:11 PM   #19
jmh
Internet Crash Test Dummy
United_States
Rep
Drives: F97 X3MC / F80 M3 / F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdimagineer View Post
I have not installed the trim. What I do have has the middle console trim for the normal F10 5-Series. I've been told through various sources that a replacement for the middle console for M cars is not planned.

If I do end up installing, I'd prefer it this way. I think our consoles will hold up to daily wear and tear better than the aluminum or wood options in the non-M F10.

I also think I've managed to get the part number for the stock dark chrome exhaust tips that will come on the M5/M6 M Performance Editions that are exclusive to the UK. The number does not currently show up as valid in any parts system (Europe or otherwise) but apparently came off the tip itself. (I'm not the only one interested, apparently.)

That's what I thought
I spent a week with BMW in Germany on this and they finally admitted there's no plan for a middle console piece to fit the CF kit.
You are correct the middle console will probably wear better not being CF but I somehow now have my mind set on a new mini project and either build a fitting CF piece or look into covering the entire console in matching black leather
As for the exhaust tips I tried the avenue of the UK Performance Edition tips but they can't be sourced at this time. Hence I went with my own "creation"
15 F10 M5 Individual / Brilliant White / Extended/Full Cohiba Brown (Exec/Driver/B&O/20") / A few Euro add-ons / Stealth K40 / Upgraded B&O / ///M Performance Carbon Interior Trim / IND / Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust / HRE S107
Appreciate 0