09-23-2013, 04:06 AM   #36
jmh
Internet Crash Test Dummy
United_States
Rep
Drives: F97 X3MC / F80 M3 / F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SriRamJaiRam View Post
Can you share more about your comment and up keep for frozen colors?. I've been discouraged to get a frozen color by other people as they say they are very high maintenance,etc... Thanks!
Maintenance is pretty much the same (for those of us OCD) or less as (at least in theory) you don't have to use any final detailing products etc .
Most important part is not to use any products which have ingredients in them which make the paint shine (wax etc) . There are plenty of products designed for use on matte/frozen paint finishes.
The biggest challenge with frozen paint are scratches as you can't polish them out easily, given the unique appearance of frozen paint it does attract lots of folks touching the paint to "check" if it feels rough / unfinished (which it doesn't) . But that's probably the scariest part of owning a frozen paint car (and one of the reasons I didn't pick it) as I have seen a number of frozen cars at dealers and on the street which had marks from rings etc (or simple scratches from other impacts). Repairing frozen paint is very similar to other finishes, it just uses another type of clear coat.
However normal scratches/marring is pretty much invisible on frozen paint so there's also a benefit to it
15 F10 M5 Individual / Brilliant White / Extended/Full Cohiba Brown (Exec/Driver/B&O/20") / A few Euro add-ons / Stealth K40 / Upgraded B&O / ///M Performance Carbon Interior Trim / IND / Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust / HRE S107
Appreciate 0