02-16-2015, 08:14 AM   #24
MyF15+F85
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 F85 and 2015 F15

darkest black

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssciencess View Post
hey my name is danny, im new to this forum. Im in the process of getting the 2015 m5 just placed my order on the 31st of jan. Nonetheless, im having a hard time trying to pick the darkest black. on my order the sales person at the dealship told me sapphire black was the darkest one but after seeing pictures online ive seen others look darker than the sapphire. the citrin kind of looks darker but also pearly like and like tint orange or brownish. if you can please help me that would beof great help. Thank you
For sure 100% the darkest black you could get is the jet black, which means that there is nothing added to the mix ( tints, metallics, flakes ). I have done a bit of painting myself so that what's making me sort of an expert.
Don't know if BMW offers that straight color though, the reason being that it is extremely difficult to keep that paintwork perfect ( scratch free ) and after few months without regular keep up it will look slightly greyish, but .... with a bit of flake, metallic add-ons, it will hide a lot of that, and still maintain the luxurious look of black paintwork. Basically BMW is making most of us satisfied for years to come, the question that I would have for them is how to hell are WE supposed enjoy our frozen colors ( maintenance wise )
I just went to our Toronto auto show, and I saw M6 with a frozen paintwork, well, someone getting in put a nice scratch on the quarter panel, what to hell they are going to do with that ???
Hope I did not go off too much of the main subject.
Appreciate 0