View Single Post
      03-18-2015, 03:54 AM   #27
ssciencess
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 08 m3 .. 2015 m5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MineF10 View Post
For sure 100% the darkest black you could get is the jet black, which means that there is nothing added to the mix ( tints, metallics, flakes ). I have done a bit of painting myself so that what's making me sort of an expert.
Don't know if BMW offers that straight color though, the reason being that it is extremely difficult to keep that paintwork perfect ( scratch free ) and after few months without regular keep up it will look slightly greyish, but .... with a bit of flake, metallic add-ons, it will hide a lot of that, and still maintain the luxurious look of black paintwork. Basically BMW is making most of us satisfied for years to come, the question that I would have for them is how to hell are WE supposed enjoy our frozen colors ( maintenance wise )
I just went to our Toronto auto show, and I saw M6 with a frozen paintwork, well, someone getting in put a nice scratch on the quarter panel, what to hell they are going to do with that ???
Hope I did not go off too much of the main subject.

ya it really sucks i was hoping for jet black,it looks so much better aside from being a lot of work to maintain it looking good. BMW should let us at least have jet black as an option and let us worry about maintaining cause right now im spending all this money on the m5 for a color im not too happy with. There are nice colors that you can pick from but its all preference. Ive been waiting on my f10 since jan 30 when i placed the order and it just went into production march 13 to be completed on the 19th so im hoping i can it before may and if im not happy with that saphire black imma have to just wrap it in jetblack lol waste of money but i be damn im driving a car with a color i dont like. As for the frozen colors thats something i wonder how would maintain those like in the situation you mentioned. those paint jobs would have to be done right cause the slightest shade off would be so noticeable.
Appreciate 0