View Single Post
      09-18-2014, 08:34 AM   #115
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

“PIXUM Team Schubert” to go on full attack at the Sachsenring

The penultimate race weekend in the ADAC GT Masters season at the Sachsenring (DE) is crucial for “PIXUM Team Schubert” powered by Jochen Schweizer. The team from Oschersleben (DE) is eager to follow on from the successes it had there last season and in doing so secure a good starting position for the title fight at the season finale in Hockenheim (DE).

In 2013, the team achieved a one-two in the second race at the Sachsenring. Jens Klingmann (DE) – back then a guest starter for the injured Jörg Müller (DE) – and Max Sandritter (DE) were victorious, beating Dominik Baumann (AT) and Claudia Hürtgen (DE). This time, in terms of the prospect of winning the title in the drivers' championship, the aim is to pick up as many points as possible in the car number 19 BMW Z4 GT3. Baumann and Hürtgen are third in the overall standings with 136 points, and are 19 points off the top. In the team standings, “PIXUM Team Schubert” powered by Jochen Schweizer has a narrow lead with 168 points. The two races at the Sachsenring on Saturday and Sunday both start at 12:00 pm CEST.

Stefan Wendl (Team Principal Schubert Motorsport):
“Our motto for this weekend is full attack. If we want to be in with a chance of winning the title in the drivers' championship, we need to get as much out of Dominik and Claudia's vehicle as possible. In terms of the team standings, it will also be important for our number 20 car to be up near the front. The track should suit our vehicle, but, as a result of the Balance of Performance, which means we will have 15 kilos of extra weight, I don't think we will be the clear favourites. The winding track also suits the Audi down to a T.”

Claudia Hürtgen (BMW Z4 GT3, number 19): “It's crucial for us to come to terms with the disappointment at the Nürburgring and go on full attack – without any lapse in concentration. From my perspective it would be a mistake to draw too many conclusions from our strong results last year. We've already seen that the balance of power can shift on the individual tracks a few times this year. We will definitely give it our all and see if that's enough to finish at the top.”

Jens Klingmann (BMW Z4 GT3, number 20): “Naturally I enjoy looking back on my guest start last year, which was extremely successful with a win and a third place. I'm really looking forward to returning to the Sachsenring and am extremely excited about the race. My aim is to repeat last year's victory. We'll have to wait until after qualifying to see whether that's possible.”
Appreciate 0