View Single Post
      10-13-2014, 04:32 PM   #122
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Adrenalin victorious in the BMW M235i Racing Cup.
Fourth place on the Nürburgring-Nordschleife in the penultimate race of the VLN was enough for Adrenalin Motorsport and its drivers Daniel Zils, Uwe Ebertz and Norbert Fischer to secure the drivers' and team titles before the end of the first ever season of the BMW M235i Racing Cup class.

With 200 points, taking into account the two discarded results that will be calculated in the drivers’ standings at the end of the season, the trio are now out of reach. In the team championship, with 222 points Adrenalin Motorsport has a 34-point advantage over Scheid-Partl Motorsport. With a maximum of 26 points for a victory at the season finale, this title has also already been decided. The class victory at the ROWE DMV 250 Miles Race went to Emin Akata and Michael Schrey from the Walkenhorst Motorsport team. Second and third places went to Scheid-Partl Motorsport and Sorg Rennsport.

Three questions for … Matthias Unger (team principal Adrenalin Motorsport).

Mr Unger, you started the season with the aim of winning in the first ever year of the BMW M 235i Racing Cup class. Now you’ve done it…

Matthias Unger:
“That’s right. We’ve completed our mission. We showed some strong racing and had the right amount of luck needed for such a success. We would have loved to have clinched the title with a win, but you could tell that our drivers were playing it safe in the race and didn’t want to retire. They might have been a bit too cautious, but that doesn’t matter today.”

What role did the drivers play in winning the title in general?

Unger:
“A crucial one. They all did a fantastic job. Their strengths are that they all have a similar speed and a lot of experience on the Nordschleife. They are real experts on this track. That’s particularly useful for making it through the 24 hour race without any major incidents.”

Forgetting the championship victories, what did you think of the debut season of the BMW M235i Racing Cup class?

Unger: “This cup is a very interesting platform for us. There were some very positive developments over the course of the season. This weekend 16 BMW M235i Racings started in the class, that’s a great number. Hopefully this trend will continue and even more cars will take part in 2015. It would be great for us. Even if it would make it extremely difficult to defend the title, which is our goal of course.”

(BMW-Motorsport)

Adrenalin Press Release:

ADRENALINE MOTORSPORT TEAM WINS THE BMW M235I PIXUM RACING CUP

Heusenstamm. With a fourth place, the adrenaline-Motorsport team Pixum was the penultimate round of the VLN Plug Championship at the Nürburgring ahead of the driver and team championship in the BMW M235i Racing Cup secure. After winning the title in the RCN was the second major success within 14 days for the team from Heusenstamm.

"We are really happy that we won the first team early in the season newly created BMW M235i Racing Cup and so a piece can make history far. It was a tough job, because many teams were incredibly strong and have made us really hard life. Thank you to the entire team and our partners, we have to thank for this title, "the three pilot Daniel Zils (Bendorf), Norbert Fischer rejoiced (Cologne) and Uwe Ebertz (sense-Fleisbach).

From fifth place on the grid in the highly competitive class Cup5 the driver trio held with regard to the mastery of the four-hour distance away clever back and finally reaped the fruits of this in the target. "Of course, the pressure was huge today, but we knew that an eighth place would be enough for us. Therefore, we have our Pixum BMW M235i really worn around the course, "said Zils, which finally came in fourth position with his two teammates to the finish prematurely and thus made the championship perfect. "The key to success was certainly our consistency and at the same time the yield points in 24 races. The fact that we can not be caught before the season finale in the standings shows what a great job everyone did. Thank you to everyone, "added team manager Matthias Unger (Heusenstamm).

A good performance also showed once again Christopher Rink (Frankfurt), Guido Wirtz (Cologne) and Oleg Kvitka (Russia), the FUXTEC BMW M235i to sixth place in the days of the Cup standings contributed 5 class. The driver trio has seen over the entire year also made a decisive contribution that the adrenaline-Motorsport team Pixum can enjoy not only the premature victory in the drivers but also on the in the team standings. Voltage, however, is already pre-programmed for the season finale on October 25, because taking into account the coating results are Rink, Wirtz and Kvitka currently on a strong fifth place overall. "The top five positions in the final bill will be honored at the end of BMW in Munich. Thus we are naturally give everything to defend this place at the finals, "explains Rink.

Was rounded off again in the incidence of Heusenstammer force with the second and fifth rank in the production car class V5. The newly crowned champion Christian RCN Büllesbach (Winter King) went with Andre Duve (Lohmar) and Jens Dahl (Diespeck) a flawless race and secured himself once more a place on the class podium. In addition, the driver trio could class internally with a time of 9: 41.492 min. pleased with the fastest lap of the race. With a flawless and strong performance could convince the sister car also Michael Klotz (Pulheim), Tatjana Hansen (Munich) and Timo Hilgert (Rheinbölln). While Klotz is already an old acquaintance on the Nürburgring Nordschleife, it was always the first appearance in Europe's most successful endurance racing series for the two debutants Tatjana Hansen and Timo Hilgert. "The Adrenaline Motorsport team Pixum young talent is known to be capitalized. It me very happy that Tatiana and Timo immediately did a great job and have certainly brought in fifth place finish the vehicle. The latter even has a good chance to participate in our talent development program, and thus to follow in the footsteps of his father, ex-V8 Star Pilot Reinhold Mölig later, "says Unger.

The only drawback of an otherwise very successful weekend was the misfortune of Christian Konnerth (Winnenden), Niklas stone house (Wermelskirchen) and Matthias Unger (Heusenstamm) in the production car class V4. After a strong qualifying session and a brilliant initial phase Konnerth slipped in a duel with a class counterparties output Brünnchen-stretched into the gravel and with the left rear wheel of the BMW 325i at the guardrail on.

"At the corner exit I got under control when suddenly accelerating design. Unfortunately, I have been doing the guardrail caught obliquely, so that the rear axle was damaged. Our mechanics did a great job and can repair the vehicle again. Unfortunately, however, was due to the service life of around 20 minutes and the balance in our class not more than the ninth place possible, "Konnerth. "Today was not our day. We must now check off quickly and look ahead the race. In two weeks, we want to attack again, "added teammate stone house. The season finale of the VLN endurance racing championship will be held on October 25, 2014.

Last edited by 954Stealth; 10-26-2014 at 04:26 PM..
Appreciate 0