View Single Post
      01-19-2015, 01:02 PM   #43
C ///M
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '04 M3 & '07 X3 M-Sport

Garage List
I don't have an M5, so no skin in the game, but I'd just like to address the warranty concerns.

1. Aftermarket parts do not void your BMW's warranty. The only time they cause a problem is if an aftermarket part is the cause of whatever problem you're addressing at the dealer. Then you're SOL unless you have a very good relationship with your dealer.

2. This is AMS and iND. They are both outstanding companies that go out of there way to make their customers happy. I'm certain they'll go above and beyond working with their customers to address any problems that could arise.

But remember, it's all part of the risk modifying cars. If you don't want the risk, you have to buy a car that has more power you're already satisfied with. Or you find a dealer with a Dinan agreement; though I'm sorry, but I have a low opinion of the vast majority of Dinan products.

Anyway, I'm sure the price may come down a bit when they no longer have to send the DME to Europe to have it unlocked. The first adopters usually have to pay a bit of a premium and work out the kinks of the whole process.
Appreciate 1