05-05-2015, 09:02 AM   #3
mstmng
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5 F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCarsFan View Post
What I have picked up is that this issue seems to be happening to cars with more aggressive tuning and downpipes.. I have had a BR PERFORMANCE tune since January.. I can run my car to the max in any gear WOT .. No dtmal.. Yesterday I ran my car through to a town on back roads here in CA and specifically drove hard to see whether I could cause a dtmal. Not once.

What I am saying to you is I suspect it's got to do with the remap down pipe combination somehow. Bone stock I am dynod at 612 whp. At 15% correction factor I'm in your ballpark for hp.

Every person who I have spoken to who has the issue has both downpipes and the more aggressive remap combo. I can't say with 100% certainty.. But that has been my experience..

I think the best thing to do is to get your remap customized by your tuner and go from there..if that doesn't work..maybe head to BR?

If I still lived in London, I would make the trip just because I am confident BR could sort it out with your car there on their Dyno.
thanks for your input
i would head down to br and i already regret i never did in first place but i dont want to wait nearly 2 months...
Appreciate 0