United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E30 M3, BMW X3, BMW 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW X3  [0.00]
2000 BMW 528i  [0.00]
1989 BMW M3  [0.00]
One Lap of America M5 - Day 4 Update

After a 650 mile drive from Hallett, OK to Limon, CO we were pretty well exhausted last night, so were happy to enjoy a good night’s sleep at out Holiday Inn Express, and so did a major contingent of other One Lap competitors.

After breakfast and a visit to the local car wash we made our way over the back roads of the Colorado foot hills to High Plains Raceway, located in the rolling hills of Deer Trail, about 60 miles east of Denver. This is the third Alan Wilson designed track we visit on this year’s event and I think most competitors rate this as one of his best. The track itself is features 19 turns and 80 feet of elevation change within its 2.5 mile course.

We shared one of the covered paddock spaces with a four of other BMW teams, so it was great to finally have the opportunity to share notes and experiences from the last few days. Even though many of us are competing in the same class, we are all ready to support each other and share friendly banter.

High Plains is a new track to probably 90% of us, so the first order of business was to walk the track and learn the line as best as you can. The weather appeared to be almost perfect, beautiful blue skies and white clouds hanging in the sky, but appearances can be deceptive as the temperature was like a roller coaster, one minute you were looking for a jacket and the next back to a shirt. Quite humorous watching everyone’s attire constantly changing, but as time passed by the weather began to stabilize.

In the morning session Mike ran a 6:27.701 over three laps finishing 17th overall and after lunch picked up a couple of seconds with a 6:25.560 but remained in 17th position.

All the results can be found at http://onelapofamerica.com/event/Res....do?eventId=31

Additinal photographs available on http://www.facebook.com/BMWUSA
Appreciate 0