View Single Post
      12-18-2012, 06:06 PM   #6
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis1981 View Post
I personally ordered my car without the B&O, i was looking however for some feedback (as i will be ordering a new car soon) from those on the forum who have the upgraded sound-system.
Any thoughts so far? Was it worth it the 3700 USD? pros and cons?
Thanks in advance for the feedback and happy holidays.
So wait, you already bought a 2013 F10 M5 and are now going to order another one?

This topic has been discussed before ad nauseum, but I will indulge you sir. I chose the Bang & Olufsen system for my M5. Here's why I am happy with my decision.

- The sound of the system is incredible, although I have never heard the stock F10 M5 system so I can't compare the two.
- Everybody always asks, what that thing on top of the dash.
- A great additional talking point when showing the M5 to my friends and the public. Most people are flabbergasted when I tell them how much it costs. Lol!

I love the system and for me, it helps to make up for the lack of some beautiful V10 music that the E60 M5 used to play. Instead I can now listen to my music in some epic clarity and fidelity that I have never heard before. Whenever I go for a drive, I am always blasting the music and enjoying the experience as I utilize over 500ft/lbs of torque. I've even taken girls on dates before and say they love my M5 for its sound system also. In fact one girl even asked if she could bring a regular music CD for us to listen to on our next date. Lol!

In the end, yes a complete waste of money, but I decided a long time ago, that I only live once, and I might as well enjoy my time on earth listening to the best quality of music as I drive the F10 M5. But, like I said, to me it really really helps make up for that lack of V10 music, which I miss so very much.

Appreciate 0