View Single Post
      05-31-2012, 09:03 PM   #32
FogCityM3
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3 (E90) & Porsche GT3 RS

Who cares..it's not really diluting the brand in any way. It's like saying "you're dumb for getting individual options that have no value to me" Just another opinion that has nothing to do with the people who will probably be thrilled buying these loaded with desirable options for a car that is the last of its breed. Is someone dumb for paying $1,500 for a sunroof that adds extra weight and no performance, or pays $500 extra for a metallic color they like with no performance gains...pretty silly arguments. If the cars are sold to happy customers for the asking price, means BMW didn't "overcharge" for it. If they don't sell, then BMW is overcharging.

If anything, would be more logical for haters of special editions to actually be happy that BMW is making such abnormal profits to reinvest them in the already beloved FI I-6 turbocharged M3 that will replace it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manari06 View Post
BMW is starting to act like they are desperate to sell cars! too much money for a few cosmetics upgrades! I can just wrap the car on a frozen color, cheaper than what BMW charges, buy after market grilles, and tune it for less!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahzari View Post
Why is called an "M Performance Edition" then? Does the paint make it go faster? Or is it all the OEM parts that I could buy on my own?

And no, I've driven much faster cars than my E90 M3. If they make a special edition that costs $20,000 more at least give me 20hp and 10lb/ft of torque; or call it the Special Red Paint Edition.

Last edited by FogCityM3; 05-31-2012 at 09:13 PM.. Reason: missing word
Appreciate 0