08-26-2018, 08:59 AM   #17
gh0stt_m5
Nate
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 m5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLK View Post
I agree that you should be able to park for a week and still start. I just did that a couple weeks ago with my M5.

However, I've had (4) 5-series cars now and they are prone to running down the battery because of all the electronics, when some module is faulty or refuses to go to sleep like it is supposed to and then you end up with a flat battery after a few days.

Typically you find this out after you buy a new battery and then you find out it still goes dead. I've been through this with E39 and E60's.

I know this is a relatively older thread but I am having a drainage issue that is strange. I replaced the battery in my m5 and even after replacing it still needs a jump start. Drove it around for an hour turned it off and tried to restart, again needed to be jumped. This has been going on for the past couple of days. I registered the battery but still get the Increased discharge warning. Unplugged the IBS last night after parked, get no warning but car still doesn't want to start without a jump. When I placed the jump pack on it, the voltage was at 9 amps. It's a new battery?!?! What would you guys suggest my next move to be. Plan to take it in to BMW Monday but any info before will help. Thank you in advance.
Appreciate 0