08-26-2018, 09:19 PM   #20
rsuhandy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 M6;E92 M3;E85 Z4M; 958 SEH

Quote:
Originally Posted by gh0stt_m5 View Post
I know this is a relatively older thread but I am having a drainage issue that is strange. I replaced the battery in my m5 and even after replacing it still needs a jump start. Drove it around for an hour turned it off and tried to restart, again needed to be jumped. This has been going on for the past couple of days. I registered the battery but still get the Increased discharge warning. Unplugged the IBS last night after parked, get no warning but car still doesn't want to start without a jump. When I placed the jump pack on it, the voltage was at 9 amps. It's a new battery?!?! What would you guys suggest my next move to be. Plan to take it in to BMW Monday but any info before will help. Thank you in advance.
You have something discharging your battery if you are getting the increased discharge warning. You can try topping off your battery with a trickle charger, but I'll bet you keep getting the warning. If you have comfort access then my bet is that one of your door handles is faulty and preventing the car from sleeping. You can test this by coming near the vehicle with your key and see if any of the car unlocks or locks when you are near.
Appreciate 0